School Hours (Kindergarten - 5th grade)
||Breakfast is available (optional)
||First Bell, Instruction BEGINS!
|9:15 - 9:30 AM
|10:20 AM - 12:30 PM
||Lunch Served (as per schedule)
|12:30 - 12:45 PM
| 1:00 - 1:15 PM
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the Mary Ann Binford campus and building are safe for children and adults. Staff, students and visitors are expected to follow these guidelines. However, individual safety situations and/or problems will be resolved on the basis of good common sense and sound professional judgement.
I. OFF LIMITS AREAS
Children should not play in the following areas unless they are under the direct
supervision of their classroom teacher.
- The east, west, and south sides
of the school and adjacent areas (exception: passing period)
- All paking areas including the school bus loading zone.
- The pond area south of the soccer field.
- The kindergarden playground, on any fence, or wall.
- Children are not allowed in the school building before school or during recess unless it is an emergency!
- The designated quiet patio area has been closed during recess.
- In between portable buildings, except when going to grass feild.
II. PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT
Improper use of equipment exposes our students to the risk of serious injury. The following statements are guidelines for the proper use of playground equipment:
- NO standing on or jumping from the benches, planters or fences.
- NO running or playing in amphitheater or patio.
- NO running, walking, or climbing up the slides.
- NO sliding on top of yellow tunnel slide.
- NO standing on slide, always slide down feet first.
- NO sitting, hanging form, or kicking tether balls.
- NO climbing swing set poles.
- NO standing or kneeling on swings, swinging double, twisting, or underdogs.
- NO running between swings, no bailing or jumping out of swings.
- NO jumping from the top of any piece of playground equipment (including bars)
- NO spinning on/or hanging from chinning bars or any other type of bars.
- Children may not throw any piece of playground equipment on any school wall. NO WALL BALL!
- Students should keep moving tunnels on the playground - no clogging.
- Students should be inside the tunnels not on top of the tunnels.
- Students should NOT PLAY TAG on the playground equipment during recess.
- NO chicken fights.
III. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are guidelines for general student behavior:
- Keep rocks abd dirt on the ground. Do not remove landscaping bark from planted areas.
- Respect adults and fellow students.
- Play only on the playground, stay on school grounds until the end of the day.
- Settle arguments without fighting, get help from Conflict Managers if needed.
- Avoid rough play, NO TACKLE FOOTBALL, CHICKEN FIGHTS, ETC.
- Keep all valuable items at home (including headseats, radios, and roller blades). Items brought to school are the student's responsibility. Show and tell items will stay in the classroom.
- Stop play when the school bell rings.
- NO horseplay in or around outdoor restrooms or drinking fountain.
- NO running in the building, bud loading zone, or east patio are near the cafeteria.
- Students who eat breakfast should enter the building through the northeast door near the cafeteria.
- Do not walk or play in planted areas.
- Do not play on soccer field unless a teacher is in direct supervision.
- Students must follow MAB tetherball rules. PE instructor will teach students these rules.
- Place trash (i.e., popcorn bags) in trash can on the playground.
- Kickball and football games are to be played on the soccer field.
- NO ball games near trees or buildings (i.e., North of Gym)
- Students wanting to play on grass field will walk in front of A-11 & A-12 barrack.
- Students participating in intramurals must go around the building to the gym. Do not go through hallway.